Gratitude Day 23: Bunnies, Goats, Alpaca, and Sheep

What do bunnies and goats, alpaca and sheep all have in common? The answer is one of my favorite things and something I'm very grateful for -- yarn. Yes, yarn! I started knitting a new hat this afternoon using a hand-dyed yarn from a Tennessee artisan, Miss Babs. The yarn was so soft and the colors so rich, I just had to smile at what was moving through my fingers. I can't wait to tug the finished hat over my ears on a cold day in the mountains. It will make me happy and warm.

There are more breeds of sheep than I can count, but there is nothing more wonderful to knit with or to wear next to your skin than a finely spun merino wool. Ditto for cashmere, which comes from a special breed of goat, or baby alpaca, or soft angora from a fluffy rabbit. The gift of fiber from these animals is well-represented in my yarn stash. My drawers are filled with hand-knit socks, hats, mittens, and shawls. They were a joy to knit; they are joy to wear.

There's nothing better than knitting with a gorgeous, natural fiber yarns. I'm grateful for all of God's creatures, for their beauty and the way they bless my life. Knit on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake

Heavenly Light

Persistent