Gratitude Day 11: Service and Sacrifice

Gratitude Day 11: Service and Sacrifice

Unlike many of my friends and extended family members, I have never known what it is like to have a father, brother, son, or daughter serve in the military. I know Veteran's Day holds meaning for these friends and family members that I cannot begin to comprehend. I am grateful for the military service of my brother-in-law, cousins, and nephews - most of whom served or are serving in the US Navy. For them, the message of The Navy Hymn means much more than I will ever know. I am grateful for all who have served and continue to serve in the Armed Forces of the United States of America.

Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep;
Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the sea!

O Trinity of love and power!
Our brethren shield in danger's hour;
From rock and tempest, fire and foe,
Protect them wheresoe'er they go;
Thus evermore shall rise to Thee
Glad hymns of praise from land and sea.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake

Heavenly Light

Welcome and Gratitude Day 9: The Smoky Mountains