Gratitude Day 12: Grace

I was editing some sunrise photos last night and thinking about all the times the scriptures use the sun or light as a metaphor for Jesus Christ. This morning I did a topical search for my scripture study and was impressed by the power of the imagery of the sun in holy writ. The sun, the moon, the stars are all things the children of God can understand as they are a part of our everyday lives. I was especially impressed by this verse:

"For the Lord God is a sun and shieldthe Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."
Psalms 84:11

Following the Son, the Light, is how Christians are supposed to live their lives. I try my best, but I frequently fall short. I'm grateful that the grace of Jesus Christ is there for me, to make up the difference between my efforts to walk uprightly and the perfection of the Father and the Son. I'm grateful to know that through faith, obedience, and grace all that the Father has will be mine some day. Until then, I'll keep looking to the sun, and to the Son, to get me through the cloudy days. Grace is good!
Sunrise over the Great Smoky Mountains
as viewed from Foothills Parkway West
Copyright 2012 Kristina Plaas, All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake

Gratitude Day 4: Prayer (11-4-12)

Welcome and Gratitude Day 9: The Smoky Mountains