Gratitude Day 13: It Goes On

Rosebay Rhododendron (R. maximus) at The Sinks.
Little River Road, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
© 2014 Kristina Plaas, All Rights Reserved
Some days it's all I can do simply to hope that tomorrow won't be a repeat of today. Of course that doesn't always happen, some things by their very nature are repetitive. We never mind when nice things repeat themselves, but it's those not-so-nice things that we'd rather not experience over and over again. Today was about staying home and doing those repetitive chores that I dislike -- laundry, dishes, mopping floors, more laundry, sorting through piles of stuff and tossing out what is unnecessary, hauling trash out to the dumpster, more laundry. Just when I thought I had a task completed something would happen and I'd end up redoing part of what I had just completed. Grumble, grumble, sigh. It can't be helped, I know, but I still sigh.

In my weariness and frustration I was trying to decide what I should express gratitude for tonight. Then the words of my favorite poet, Robert Frost, came to mind: "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned in life: It goes on." And so it does. Take a deep breath, count my many blessings, let it go, and as Scarlett O'Hara said in Gone with the Wind, "Tomorrow is another day." I'm grateful for more days, do-overs, repentance, God's mercy, and patient friends and family. Life -- it goes on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake

Heavenly Light

Persistent