Lent Photo-A-Day 3/9: Sabbath

Pellissippi Ward, Knoxville Tennessee Stake
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
"If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it."
Isaiah 58:13-14

The Sabbath Day is not like the rest of the week for me. I choose to not shop, dine out, participate in sports and other activities which would require that someone else work on the Lord's Day. I spend time in church, with family and friends, and appreciating the beautiful world Heavenly Father created for His children. I feel blessed by my choice to honor Him by respecting the day He set aside for us to worship, pray, and rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake

Gratitude Day 4: Prayer (11-4-12)

Welcome and Gratitude Day 9: The Smoky Mountains