Lent Photo-a-Day 2/23: Covenant

Nashville Tennessee Temple
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2014 Kristina Plaas, All Right Reserved
As a life-long member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I have grown up understanding the importance of making and keeping sacred covenants with my Father in Heaven.
"A covenant is a sacred agreement between God and a person or group of people. God sets specific conditions, and He promises to bless us as we obey those conditions. When we choose not to keep covenants, we cannot receive the blessings, and in some instances we suffer a penalty as a consequence of our disobedience. Covenants mark the path back to God."  
Many of the covenants I have chosen to enter into happen in the temple, a sacred place of instruction and covenant-making. I love every opportunity I get to travel to Nashville and attend the temple. I am able to feel the peace of God's love there and recommit to keep my covenants with Him. It's a great blessing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake

Gratitude Day 4: Prayer (11-4-12)

Welcome and Gratitude Day 9: The Smoky Mountains