Countdown to Christmas Day 1: A Great Light

"Sun Crest"
Sunrise over the crest of the Smokies on a frosty winter morning. Hyatt Lane, Cades Cove.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
© 2014 Kristina Plaas

The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light
they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
Isaiah 9:2

Perhaps more than any other time in my life I feel a strong need to focus on Jesus Christ in the days and weeks leading up to Christmas. It's not that Christ hasn't been my focus in the past, rather I need to feel His love and celebrate His birth more consciously in order to get through my first Christmas without my mother. Mom was the bright light in our family and our family's celebration of Christmas. Jesus Christ is the Great Light. Because of His birth, atonement, and death I never have to walk in darkness. There will be shadowed paths, to be sure, but never utter darkness as long as I am faithful and obedient to the commandments of God. His light shines forever and ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake

Gratitude Day 4: Prayer (11-4-12)

Welcome and Gratitude Day 9: The Smoky Mountains